Franklinton - Overdier or Harrison House

Title

Franklinton - Overdier or Harrison House

Subject

Franklinton

Description

The Harrison House or Jacob Overdier House, located at 570 West Broad Street, is one of the few remaining original structures in the Franklinton area. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. It was initially believed to have been the headquarters of William Henry Harrison during the War of 1812, but current research indicates that Harrison's headquarters was a few blocks away near Broad and Foos Streets.

Files

overdier2.jpg
overdier1.jpg

Citation

“Franklinton - Overdier or Harrison House,” Teaching Columbus, accessed November 22, 2017, http://teachingcolumbus.omeka.net/items/show/63.